There is an additional channel called #FAQ on our Discord. If you need further help hop on to our support channels there.
Nodes, Validators and Providers ⏫
🟡 What is a specification and what does it let me do?
A specification (“spec”) is a module which you can add to Lava, extending the range of data services the network of providers can serve. RPC specs are the first to be added to Lava, and we will offer subgraph specs soon.
🟡 I have problems running the install scripts.
lavadcommand not found
- Try running
- Try running
- The node is stuck on “Waiting for node to catch up”
- This process might take some time based on your internet connection, compute capabilities and the height of the latest block on the network
- Please allow 5-20 minutes for this procedure to catch up with the latest block in the network
- curl or unzip commands are not found
sudo apt update && sudo apt install curl unzip -y
- sudo command not found
apt install sudo -y
- When running
stake_validatoryou get the error
account lava@XYZ not found: key not found
- Make sure your account is funded from Lava side before you try to stake as a validator
🟡 How can I update/edit my provider information?
To update your provider information on chain, send the
provider-stake transaction with the updated information and an additional stake of minimum 1 ulava.
🟡 I get
ERR_stake_provider_endpoints: invalid provider endpoints error when trying to stake as a provider
In your stake-provider transaction you need to specify all required provider endpoints based on the chain you are staking on. For example to provide for cosmos chains you need both tendermint-rpc and rest as follows:
🟡 Is there an unbonding period for providers?
Yes, it's currently configured to 21 days.
🟡 How can I see my current provider state (incl. unbonding)?
You can use the following query:
lavad q pairing providers <CHAIN_ID>
🟡 When running my provider process
lavad server I get the following error
provider endpoint mismatch
This error means that you have used different geolocations when using the
provider-stake transaction and when running
lavad server, please ensure they match and the problem should be resolved.
🟡 Using Lava with Other RPC Clients
Lava easily integrates with other RPC clients.
- Gateway - Simply create an account on the gateway, and replace your client's RPC URL with the appopriate one. Get started immediately!
- SDK - You can also use the SDK library integrations to integrate with viem, cosmjs, web3.js, or ethers.js.
🟡 I'm already using another SDK.
No problem, Lava offers integrations to existing popular libraries here.
🟡 How to change the RPC url which Cosmjs uses?
If you want a native integration to use seamlessly, please check out the new Lava integration for CosmJS! Alternatively, please check out the cosmolava-client created by one of our community members: MELLIFERA-Labs/cosmolava-client
If you just want to switch the RPC URL you can do so using the HttpEndpoint interface on stargate or cosmwasm-stargate. Be sure you've grabbed the TendermintRPC endpoint from Lava or you may encounter errors.